The technical bodies
The heart of standardisation
The birth of a standard.
Here are all the protagonists
Large industries, small and medium-sized enterprises, craftsmen, professionals, research centres, academic and educational institutions, public bodies, local administrations, consumer, worker and environmental representatives and the third sector participate in the standardisation process.
You too can participate!
To participate in the activities of the UNI Technical Commissions it is necessary to be a MemberBecome a member
If you are a member, you can request participation in regulatory activities directly from your personal areaLogin to the reserved area
Committees, sub-committees, working groups: each one fulfilling their part
For its activities, UNI uses and manages more than 1,100 technical bodies (committees, sub-committees and working groups), in which more than 8,000 experts collaborate.
Each committee, in which experts representing all types of market players participate, deals with a specific topic.
UNI technical Committees and its Federated Bodies
The Federated Bodies:
UNI delegates standardisation activities in their areas of competence to the Federated Bodies, independent but integrated partners in the process.
- CIG (Italian Gas Committee)
- CTI (Italian Thermotechnical Committee)
- CUNA (Technical Commission for the Unification of Motor Vehicles)
- UNICHIM (Association for the Unification of the Chemical Industry)
- UNINFO (Information Technologies and their Applications)
- UNIPLAST (Italian Body for the Unification of Plastics)
- UNSIDER (Italian Steel Unification Body)